Here at Crooked Foot Hunt Club we ALWAYS put safety first
We ask that all guest please use Steel Shot Ammunition with a shot size 6 shot or smaller. This type of ammunition is available for purchase at the club. If you have any questions please call: 989-723-9823
Basic hunting safety:
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use.
- Don’t rely on your gun’s safety.
- Be sure of your target and what’s beyond it.
- Use proper ammunition.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don’t alter or modify your gun and have it serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
Practicing hunter ethics in the field:
Equally as important as following firearm safety is being an ethical hunter. Though it differs for each and every one of us, all hunters in the field should have a personal code of ethics. Sometimes hunters are faced with situations that may be well within the hunting regulations, but may push the boundaries of ethical hunting. Remember, the actions of one hunter can affect how others view the traditional sport of hunting.